Welcome to Cook Elementary Fine Arts Magnet School!
Our student enrollment ranges from Pre-K4 through 5th Grade. All of our students learn through rigorous instruction including science through STEM-based instruction and through the infusion and the integration of Fine Arts. Our school is unique in that we have Fine Arts specialists in art, music, movement, and drama. Learning takes place all over the building through many different mediums and experiences.
Why Fine Arts?
- The Fine Arts are fundamental components of all cultures and time periods.
- The Fine Arts teach us that all we think and feel cannot be reduced to words.
- The Fine Arts develop a value of perseverance and hard work.
- The Fine Arts teach children to make good judgments about qualitative relationships.
- The Fine Arts teach children that problems can have more than one solution.
- The Fine Arts celebrate multiple perspectives.
- The Fine Arts teach students that small differences can have large effects.
- The Fine Arts help children learn to say what cannot be said.
- The Fine Arts help teach students to think through and within the material.
- There is a strong positive relationship between the Fine Arts and academic success.